Sunday, August 10, 2008

Jenna's Sacrifice

When I left for work Thursday morning something seemed a bit unusual. Jenna was still in bed sleeping with Weston. I usually get up between 7 & 7:30 and I'm usually out the door before 8. And most of the time when I wake up, Jenna is already in the living room playing quietly with Weston, trying to make sure that I get enough sleep. On top of that she typically makes me breakfast before work, something I definitely don’t deserve.

Even on Sundays, when Jenna loves sleeping in, she will be up before 8 to play with Weston while my lazy A sleeps in bed. This morning, I had to convince her to take a nap, ensuring her that I was capable of watching Weston while watching team USA dominate team China.

As Jenna's family probably knows all too well, Jenna's sleep is very precious for her. And yet over the last 4 months I can not recall a single instance of her complaining about a lack of sleep or even hearing an expression of desire to receive more sleep. She has replaced what used to be very important to her with making me breakfast and loving our child.

She couldn’t wait to be a mom, and now she’s enjoying every moment.


Casey

6 comments:

jeff&lynn said...

Weston is so dang cute! I hope I can be as awesome as Jenna when we have kids. Sleep is very precious to me too. I'm definitely worried about how I'm going to handle losing sleeping in or even sleeping through the night when we have children.

Tiffany said...

Awwww, Jenna is better than me. I love my sleep more than anything especially in the morning. I could stay up as late as you want me to, but I love sleeping in (although now that's like till 8 now). Casey, you're so nice to appreciate it and post it!!

JD said...

Jenna's never been anything but giving. We all love her for it!

Melody said...

way to go Jenna, already a Supermom! I certainly wish I could stop complaining about my lack of sleep ;)

Anonymous said...

Jenna is a wonderful mother and so good with Weston. Casey, you picked a great wife! You're a great dad also! Very nice post!

Troy said...

Wait, Jenna slept through the USA-China game?!?!?