Weston holding his flag and opening his first package from Mama & Papa (my parents). My mom makes the cutest packages for the grandkids and I was so excited to get our first one : ) He wore his red, white, and blue outfit that day.
Friday, August 01, 2008
4th of July
Our 4th of July started out pretty typical with our ward breakfast, but we left soon after because Casey needed to study and Charity and I were going furniture shopping. Yeah! Not really though. I always thought furniture shopping would be fun, but I think that it's only fun when you find exactly what you want and have an unlimited supply of money. After our 5th store and no furniture, Charity took me to The Nugget which is a fancy grocery store up here. We got the ingredients to make a 4th of July tart then lunch and gelato. It was yummy! After lunch we hit up a few more furniture stores with Casey, then we split so that Charity and Casey could both study for their tests. Casey and I had In-N-Out for dinner because we figured that was close to a BBQ : ) Then Weston and I just watched movies. This was the first year that I haven't seen fireworks, but next year to make up for it I think we'll head to Lake Tahoe because I've heard the firework show is pretty cool there. I hope everyone else had a more exciting 4th!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
Looks like fun! And the tart looks very yummy!
The dessert looks so yummy and festive! You are a super good baker!
Post a Comment