Monday, May 05, 2008

Going Home

I know I've been a slacker lately and I have a bunch of posts to catch up on. On April 8, we got to take Weston home a five days early from the hospital. The day before they decided that they would send him home with a take-home IV and I would administer his antibiotics twice a day, so I got to play nurse for a few days. It was also the first time that they had done this at this hospital (UVRMC). One of th nurses was all excited about it, so she took a picture of him with his set-up. It was so exciting to finally get him in his going home outfit, put him in his carseat and take him out to the car. Casey thought it was lame that the nurse had to carry him out to the car and stay and watch until we put him in, but rules are rules. The night we got home, an at-home nurse came and showed me how to infuse his antibiotics and to talk to me about all the technical stuff. It was pretty easy and I caught on quickly. That night he slept like a log after his long day (foot painting, Hep B shot, going home, and having the nurse come) but it was great to finally have him home with us.
Proud parents

Weston dreaming/smiling in his sleep. He was happy to be home too : )
Weston and his IV (the ball on the left). He had a PIC line in his hand and then the "space ball" is connected to a long tube and keeps the line open so I could infuse his medicine.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the pictures! Great job!

Ashley Clark said...

I love the BYU blanket. What a cute family you have!