Monday, July 12, 2010

Clean Up

We have two bins in our home for holding all of Weston's toys. Every other day or so Weston decides to dump all of his toys out of the bin, at which point we have him "clean up" the toys, and thank him when he's finished.

This past week we were in Southern California visiting family. I was trying to get Weston occupied, so I took him to the toys. There were 4 bins with toys, and one of the bins held 15 or so cars. Weston loves cars. I dumped out the cars from the bin to facilitate Weston playing, but he was quick to correct me. "HEY!!!, clean up daddy, clean up!" I was shocked and amused, but I thought he would just start playing with the cars, however, he just stared at me for a few seconds before deciding to remind me, "clean up".

I picked up the cars and put them back in the bin, while he supervised. Then he thanked me and turned around and started playing with other toys.


This is an unrelated picture of Weston. Jenna cut a hole in the diaper package for the reward points thing, and Weston decided to wear it like a helmet. He did a few laps before we could figure out how exactly he was seeing.

2 comments:

Jason said...

Too funny. And Weston and his helmets. He always puts on one backwards at our place.

Megan said...

LOL! I thought helmets were for safety!! I guess we're better parents than you - we don't own a single one, but we don't let our kids wear plastic bags! I can't stop laughing!!!