Wednesday, July 28, 2010

New York - Day 3

Casey and I ventured out on our own the third day. We visited this really old church in downtown manhattan, hit up Wall Street (saw the New York Stock Exchange building), the brass bull from Hitch (at least that is what I know it from. It has a real name/story, but I don't remember), saw Rockefeller Center, Radio City Music Hall, Canal Street, SoHo, and a lot more of Central Park (made us miss Weston because he would have loved it there). We also figured out the subway system and Casey was addressed by a disgruntled New Yorker with a mouth like a sailor. I think the guy was having a bad day or something and just wanted to cause trouble. For dessert before dinner we went to Serendipity! I don't know what girl doesn't want to go there after watching One Fine Day or Serendipity. My frozen hot chocolate was delicious. It was a little pricey and probably a one time thing, but I loved it! After dinner we haggled a scalper for $10 tickets to the Knicks game. The crowd was really loud and the Knicks won, so that made for a good game. We were actually in New York one more day, but we were tired and just hung out with Rebecca and the kids until our afternoon flight. Thanks to the Kings for letting us visit and to Jason and Ashley for watching Weston!

The Old Church
The Brass Bull
Do you smell something?
Interesting sights on Canal Street
In front of Serendipity with Rebecca
My frozen hot chocolate. Yum!
All you need is love :)
The New York Knicks game. We were at the very top.

Benson the next day. This is what we wanted to do too :)

3 comments:

A Little R and R said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
A Little R and R said...

LOL!!! That guy on Canal Street was quite the find! It's unusual for even that part of NY which is hard to do! :)

Christine said...

So fun!! I Love NY! Glad you finally got to go visit it!! I'm a little surprised you didn't make it to a broadway show! Love the pics! :)