Preface: Around the beginning of April, Casey surprised me with a trip to New York City. When I say surprise, I mean a complete surprise. I found out a few days before we left and he only told me because he didn't think he could pack for Benson, Weston, and me without me knowing. Good idea on his part. Unfortunately, Weston had just turned 2, so we left him with Jason and Ashley, but as always, I don't think he even missed us. Casey was worried twice that he would have to cancel our trip though because Benson got a stuffy nose, so Casey was worried he had gotten RSV from Spencer (his cousin). Then, the night before we left, Benson had a REALLY bad gas bubble (which we didn't know at the time, but that was our conclusion) and was crying almost non-stop from 8pm-3am. It all worked out though and we were off. Our friends, the Kings, were in New Jersey for Richard's work, and they were nice enough to let us stay with them and show us around. We had a blast! I think the only bad decisions we made pertained to some of our dining choices. I'm warning you now that I'm splitting this up into 3 days and there are a lot of pictures, but what is the point in taking pictures if you can't share them, right? :)
Day 1: We spent a lot of time walking around. We walked all along 5th Avenue and Broadway, saw a lot of central park, went into the huge Toys 'R Us store (they have a ferris wheel inside it), saw where they tape the Letterman Show, and made our first bad food decision by eating at Applebee's out of desperation. Lame, I know. Here are my favorite pics.
Benson's first plane ride. He was awesome and slept almost the whole time.

Our first subway ride

First stop: The Empire State Building. This is the view from the top.


You can't go to NYC and not get a hotdog from one of the street vendors. These nice men hooked us up.

I'm so glad we went in the spring. There were flowers everywhere.

I saw my first mime

Central Park. It is absolutely gorgeous in the spring.

Chillin' out in Central Park


Richard playing with his kids, Kaley and Tyler.

This was "Sexy" according to his belt buckle. We both took pictures with him, but he
insisted Casey take one with him :) Sidenote, this guy was one of about 20-30 rollerskaters skating to music and a lot of them were really good.

The temple

Times Square

Casey with New York's finest

More Time Square

Macy's was having their annual flower show while we were there and their window displays were amazingly beautiful.

Me with the flowers in Macy's

Benson hanging out with Casey after our long day.
1 comment:
You got some great pictures! It was so fun to have you come and visit! We did more while you were here than we had in a month so thanks for visiting!!! :) (In case there was a question, ALL of your dinner choices were amazing! Trust me!!!) :)
Post a Comment