Monday, November 03, 2008

Vote YES on Prop 8

Casey and I have both felt very strongly concerning this matter, and have put our best efforts forward as we try to protect traditional marriage in California. We feel that this is one of the most important things that we will ever vote on. This morning we had the opportunity to stand on a corner during traffic and hold up signs encouraging people to Vote Yes on Prop 8. Right when we got there a woman yelled at us with expletives and I almost cried, but I held myself together and held up my sign with pride. I encourage anyone who reads my blog and lives in California to Vote Yes on Prop 8. If you don't live in California, but have family or friends that do, encourage them as well. This is one of the most controversial propsitions I've ever seen, but also the most important. I don't like to think about what will happen if it doesn't pass, but I remain optimistic that our donation, walking for Prop 8, our calls to encourage people to vote, passing out literature, standing on corners with signs, volunteering at the polls tomorrow, and our prayers will bring about the desired result. Please Vote YES on Prop 8 on Nov. 4 and help protect marriage in California.

6 comments:

TheIsom8 said...

Well said! :-) We really appreciate everything you are doing. I couldn't have echoed any better what we feel about this proposition!

Ashley Clark said...

Good for you guys. Thanks for representing us and our beliefs.

Jenna said...

Way to go Jenna for helping promote this campaign. I wish that I could be there to do that as well. Thank you for your time and Casey's spent on this. Hope you guys are doing well!

Kerstin Miller said...

done and done! We've voted... now all we have to do is hope! We're making last minute phone calls today. Hopefully its all worth it!

Christie said...

You're so brave!!

Anonymous said...

Jenna and Casey - I'm so proud of you for having the courage to take a stand and participate! I'm also excited about the victory for the "yes" campaign! You did great! It's not easy to do what you've done and I really admire you for it. Elder Ballard compared what you did to the pioneers crossing the plains and giving their lives for the gospel. You are living for the gospel and having the courage to follow the prophet. You are doing what you have been asked to do. I'm so happy that traditional marriage won - I want Weston to have proper teaching in school!