Saturday, March 01, 2008

BYU v. Utah

Every year that BYU and Utah play basketball at home, you have to stand in line at a previous game to get tickets. The Saturday before the Utah game, you had to stand in line before the UNLV game. Some of the crazier fans set up tents the Tuesday before, but Casey and his friends set up a tent the Friday before (and were'nt really going to sleep in it). I thought that was lame, so Friday night, I convinced Casey that we should go and campout at the Marriott Center for Utah tickets. It was so much fun! I was 8 1/2 months pregnant, but we had a mattress and when are we ever going to be able to do it again? It was a little cold too (there was frost inside the tent in the morning and the fruit I had brought was frozen), but we were prepared with our -20 degree sleeping bags and a ton of blankets. We happened to be camping out when Jason called to let us know that Ashley had had Paisley too. The next day Casey woke up early and left because he had to take a test, but I held up the fort and just read all day in the tent until 1:30 when one of Casey's friends came to relieve us of our duties. I brought our little camera to take pictures of us that night, but it didn't have batteries : ( so we just have the day after pictures. They also gave out free Papa John's pizza on Friday and Saturday, plus I got to meet Coach Rose, and Casey got on TV again so it was worth it.

Standing in line right before the UNLV game
The line! Unfortunately, all the tents had been take down already.BYU v. Utah (Casey being Casey)
Pre-game stuff. If you haven't been to a BYU home game lately, you should go. The pre-game stuff is really cool and definately helps to get the fans pumped up for the game.
Tip-off Neville. He's just so ugly.
The difference between coaches. Calm, collected, Coach Rose.
Utah's CRAZY (bordering on psychotic) Coach Boylen. I've never seen anything like him.

3 comments:

TheIsom8 said...

I think camping out is so much fun! Remember preschool? :-) Anything to get in/tickets/whatever! :-)

Anonymous said...

Jenna - How fun! I'm glad to see you're using those sleeping bags! You have so much adventure - I think it is great to have such wonderful memories of BYU! I check your blog every day and love to read you're updates! You were busy yesterday! Love, Mom (Tanner)

Jelly said...

That is so great! The things we camp out for =)! Proud of you for doing it prego!!!!