Thursday, November 15, 2007

Homecoming Weekend - Timpanogos Caves

Casey's mom always comes to visit for Homecoming weekend. It's always a good time when she comes. My favorite part is Homecoming Spectacular, which we went to on Friday night. It was fantastic this year! Even Casey was entertained and has a new found respect for the BYU Ballroom Dancers. My favorite was when they danced to the Mormon Tabernacle Choir humming "If I Could Hie to Kolob." It was beautiful. On Saturday, we woke up early to hike to the Timpanogos Caves. Casey's mom and I had heard about them, but never been, so we figured this was a good time. It was a beautful morning and we had a nice (slightly tiring) hike to the top. Then we hurried home to get ready for the Homecoming game against Air Force, which we won. Homecoming weekend has become sort of a tradition and it's one that I hope lasts.

A view of Alpine from the mountain
I was standing in the striped area. The funny part was that it was only a 3 foot long stripe. Casey's mom had a hard time with the hike. She had just had her appendix out 4 weeks earlier. I had a cold and wasn't feeling my best either, so we were glad to get to the top.The heart of the cave
Popcorn rock

Caramel topping rocks
Tight squeeze
We saw these steps on the way down and thought they were pretty
At the top of the world These ledges had sharp rocks sticking out. I guess they didn't want anyone lingering.
Casey's mom was always ready with her camera.

1 comment:

Sheree Tanner said...

Jenna - Great post! Love the pictures! That view is awesome! Thanks for a wonderful time.