I was tagged forever ago by my friend Jenna Sellers and then recently by Ashley, so I figured that I had better get going on this. The rules are you write 6 things about yourself that not everyone knows and then ask 6 other people to do the same. So here it goes...
1. I LOVE FOOD! This includes cooking it, eating it, watching it, reading about it, etc. You name it and I probably do it. Food network is my favorite channel. Whenever sports or whatever else Casey is watching isn't on, I choose to watch food network. I think chef's are amazing and I get a lot of good ideas from the shows. I'll also read cookbooks and look at menus online just for fun. I especially like planning what I would get if I went to a particular restaurant. Then there is the fact that I love to cook and am constantly finding new recipes online to make. Casey obviously benefits from this obsession : ) I am a fan of themed meals too. I like everything to fit together. Birthday parties and holidays are going to be so much fun at our house.
2. I have some weird eating habits. For example, I like to eat my snack foods in even numbers. I do this with cookies, candy, chips, pretzels, and pretty much anything small that is snacked on. I also prefer whole chips to broken ones and will pick out whole chips from the bag that are about the same size. I also match up my french fries by size and in even numbers. Sometimes I will eat my cereal in even numbers if it's applicable and always say "It's going to be a good day" if there is an even number. And if you weren't weirded out already, I like to eat colored cereals in rainbow order. This usually applies to Trix, Fruit Loops, and Lucky Charms. With Lucky Charms I'll also count the marshmallows as I'm eating them to see which shape won. So Technically, I like to play with my food. *I would like to note that I don't have to do this, but I usually do and if I have an odd number, I usually make Casey eat the last one : )
3. I love trivia! I pick up random facts all the time and commit them to memory because you never know when I might need them. This makes Scene it!, ESPN Scene it!, Trivial Pursuit, and the music game some of my favorite games to play. I also like to watch trivia games like Jeopardy, Who Wants to Be A Millionaire, Wheel of Fortune (kind of the same category), and stuff like that on TV. I often do crossword puzzles to sharpen my skills too. Casey has become hesitant to teach me sports facts because I'm getting better and better at ESPN Scene it!
4. I'm a lot bit competitive. I don't like losing. Casey sometimes uses this to his advantage to frustrate me when we are on opposite teams. He'll tease and antagonize me so that I do worse. Also, Showing no mercy is a by-product of my competitive nature. My family has banned me from playing Monopoly because I won like 6 times in a row and wanted everyone to play until I had every dollar. As I've gotten older, I've gotten better at controlling my competetive spirit, but please don't get offended if I give you the evil eye while playing a round of Uno : ) (Just kidding, I would never do that during Uno)
5. I am a huge fan of water. I think it is absolutely beautiful. Casey's mom always gets everyone a calendar for Christmas and I always ask for one with something to do with water. Lakes, oceans, rivers, waterfalls, etc. I love to swim and can do it for hours. Colder water doesn't really get to me either, so when everyone else heads for the hot tub, I'm usually still swimming. My favorite family vacations were when we used to go to Lake Havasu because it was so hot that you had to stay in the water all day. I specifically requested that we move somewhere that had warmer water nearby because I'm a fish. I just need it.
6. I'm a gamer. I like to play and watch video games. I'm not good at all of them, but I do like to play. My favorites are animated/cartoony games. I owned 4 X-box games (Mad Dash, Harry Potter (which I got for my 18th birthday), Halo, and Fusion Frenzy (the best game ever!)) and a controller before we even owned an X-box. A couple years ago, Casey got me Dance, Dance Revolution and 2 mats for Christmas and I love it. I also like one arcade game in particular: Police Academy. Casey got lucky here because when he wants to play Halo until 4 in the morning with his friends, I'm okay with it because I like watching them. I also used to "borrow" my brother's game boy and play Pokemon, and I beat his Scooby Doo game on Christmas Day before he did.
I think I've written enough secrets about myself for now, although there are plenty more since I'm a woman of mystery. My co-workers say that I come off quiet and sweet, but they know the real me, and now I've given you a glimpse of me too : ) I now tag Janelle, Jocelyn, Jaleen, Joanna, Kerstin, and Fran.


6 comments:
Everything is true on here except the competitive thing. There is absolutely no control to your competitive spirits.
He just says that because my evil eye is usually going in his direction : )
hahaha.
We watch Kitchen Nightmares sometimes. Pretty good show.
Jenna - that was very interesting! Great job! I enjoyed reading it and learning more about you!
So does it take you an hour to eat your cereal? I'm totally the same about the food network, I'm always watching it.
I enjoyed reading your list! It is so fun to learn new facts about a person!
Post a Comment