This was one of my favorite 4th of July. We did so many fun things and got to spend it with really fun people. It started out with the Freedom Parade in Provo. This was my first year seeing it, so it was kind of exciting. We sat with our friends Rich and Rebecca. It was sooooo hot, but totally worth it. After the parade we had a BBQ with Ryan, Kerstin, Ryan's cousin John, Hauser, Fran, and Fran's high school friend Troy. It was delicious. Then we played some cutthroat (a card game). It started to get a little boring, so Casey suggested that the next person to win had to pick what we did. Casey won, so he picked Scattegories for me : ) Hauser won Scattegories, so he picked to go bowling. Casey beat everyone at bowling, so he picked lighting off our parachute fireworks. Then we kind of just hung around. Casey and Ryan worked at the Stadium of Fire helping with the sound system and left at 9:30pm, so Kerstin and I got our pajamas on, watched chick flicks, watched the Stadium of Fire fireworks from the roof, then watched more chick flicks until we fell asleep/Casey and Ryan got home at 3:30am. I'm so thankful that we get the day off to celebrate this special day with friends and family, and for all those that serve our country to protect our freedom.
Casey at the parade

Mini horse. It made us think of "Rob & Big" the TV show.

Wizard of Oz float. One of the more amazing ones there.

BYU's float. No surprise that this was Casey's favorite : )

Sunshine Care Bear. I really took this picture for my niece Starlee because this is her favorite Care Bear.

Picture collage of us bowling

Stadium of Fire fireworks. I know, if I had a tripod they wouldn't be so squiggly, but I was just glad to get better pictures than last year.
1 comment:
It sounds like the 4th was tons of fun! A lot better than our drive home! ;-)
Post a Comment