Friday, August 06, 2010

Land of the Free

Since the 4th of July was on Sunday and we were leaving for Southern California that night, we just had dinner and dessert with Jason, Ashley, and Charity. Jason and Ashley were still in a hotel from their house flooding, which had a grill, so we went there for dinner. We had ribs, tri-tip, strawberry salad, chips, and a flag cake for dessert. It was delicious! We left that night around 7:30 and caught about 20 different firework shows along the freeway as were driving, so I got to see my fireworks too. I love our country and the freedoms we enjoy.

Casey drinking while his hands were still messy from his ribs
Weston trying to copy him and then saying, "Cheese, smile!" as I take out the camera
All of us
Me and my flag cake. It was my first time making one.

2 comments:

A Little R and R said...

Nice job with the cake! It's looks amazing!!!

mom said...

The cake looks awesome and I bet it was delicious! Wish I had been there!