A few stories for your enjoyment:
-As I was feeding Benson one day, Weston was trying to tackle us or otherwise disrupt Benson while he was eating. During one of his tackles, I playfully pushed him away. He immediately looks at me and says, "Don't push." I say, "I'm sorry, I shouldn't push." he again says, "Don't push" then follows it with "time out." He then proceeds to take my hand and directs me to the "time-out" chair where he says, "Don't push. Time out 2 minutes" (which is how long he is supposed to stay in time-out). After a few seconds of me laughing and saying sorry. He takes my hand and says, "Come on." He was nice enough to let me out of my time-out early :)
-I was making cookies one day and showing Weston how the oven light goes on and off. He starts playing with it and saying "on" and "off," but when he turned it off he said, "Off. It's sleeping."
-I bought Weston some sidewalk chalk to go with our new backyard. One day he was playing with some, drawing on the doormat and sliding glass door instead of the concrete. This is how it played out:
Me: "Weston, please don't draw on the doormat and sliding glass door. Color on the ground."
Weston: (Looks at me blankly and continues to color on the mat and door).
Me: (frustrated) "Weston, color on the ground, not the mat."
Weston: (Continues to look at me while coloring on the mat, then slyly moves over to the glass door.)
Me: (bright idea) "Weston, whatever you do, don't write on the ground. You can write on the mat or the door, but please don't color on the ground."
Weston: (Starts coloring on the ground and doesn't color on the mat or glass door for the rest of the time he is outside.)
I love reverse psychology and my punk of a kid :)


2 comments:
You gave me a good chuckle, Jenna. What a funny kid!
How funny! I love your stories! Keep them coming!
Post a Comment