Friday, August 06, 2010

Camping

We went camping for the first time as a family the first weekend of July at Emigrant Gap (about and hour away). Casey had Friday off work, so we packed up and headed off that afternoon around 2. We left a little later than we wanted too and while we were driving up there was a lot of traffic (4th of July weekend), so we were a little worried we wouldn't get a spot. We got there and there was one spot waiting for us. After we set up camp, we took a little hike to a nearby waterfall. The waterfall was pretty, but let's just say the water wasn't exactly warm. It was actually freezing, but presented a challenge, so I told Casey that if he went in, I would. After our hike, we explored the beautiful meadow by our campsite, Casey made a fire, we roasted hot dogs, smores, then put the boys to bed so that Casey and I could enjoy the nice night and fire. The next morning, we woke up pretty early because let's be honest, who really sleeps in when you're camping, ate a quick breakfast than packed up shop. We had a great time and I would like to get one more camping trip in before summer ends.

Casey after taking a dip in the water
Benson and I with the waterfall
Casey and Weston making their way across the stream to hike back to the campsite
The four of us on our hike
Weston found some pretty big pinecones
This is what Weston did a lot of the time we were there.
He also liked to do this (then pour the dirt on himself while he was at it)
Our happy, dirty boy. He just loved camping.
Our happy, clean little boy. I just love this picture. His smile goes all the way to his eyes.
Roasting hot dogs for dinner
Toasted marshmallows for the smores. We hadn't had smores in a long time and thought they were pretty delicious.
The next morning. Yes, I'm a human pillow for our two boys :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Isso ai. You got to love the obsession that the boys have with bathing in the dirt.