Thursday, January 26, 2012

Hail Storm

At the beginning of June (yes, I said June), we had a crazy hail storm. I was actually in Walmart and they announced a tornado warning and everyone started leaving. It was really weird and I don't think any of the formations came in contact with the ground, but it was pouring like I had never heard or seen before. I asked an employee if we had to leave and she said, "No, everyone just wants to get to their homes." I felt a lot safer in the Walmart, so we just browsed until the weather calmed down. When we got home, there was hail everywhere. It looked like snow and lasted a few hours.

The local news is priceless sometimes, and they reported on the storm that night. A reporter was interviewing some high school kids and was asking some pretty dumb questions like, "Where did it hit you?" "How did it feel?" Obviously, they were a little desperate for some news content.



No comments: