My Mother's Day was different this year because Casey wasn't there to celebrate with us. We had to take him to the airport early Sunday morning because he was teaching at a training in Chicago. Luckily, I have a great family that lives nearby and they invited me to spend Mother's Day with them. After we dropped Casey off at the airport, we headed to Jason and Ashley's ward. It was nice having a few extra hands to help with the boys during sacrament. Jason was great and took Weston to nursery and made sure he was okay and even changed his diaper during Sunday school for me. Then he took Benson to Priesthood with him so I could go to Relief Society with Ashley by myself. After church Jason made us all dinner. He ended up inviting over their friends the Fellows too because there was so much food. It was a lot of fun talking and watching our kids play with theirs. Even though Casey was gone, I had a great day. Thanks to Jason for filling in for Casey and to Ashley for sharing her day with me and letting Jason do double duty!
Once Casey was home and things had settled down a bit, we had another Mother's Day. I slept in until 10, Casey and the boys brought me a yummy breakfast in bed and flowers. I got an amazon gift certificate and some clothes. He took care of the boys throughout the day and took care of dinner (he did it on a Saturday so he could buy the above mentioned meals :) ). It was a nice day and I was glad I got to celebrate with Casey too! Thanks for another great day Baby!
My flowers
This is the pop-up flower card that I made for our Mothers. I love Martha Stewart. She never disappoints.


1 comment:
Jenna - you are a fantastic mother - the best! I'm glad you enjoyed your mother's days! I love you!
Post a Comment