Monday, May 16, 2011

Easter

I love Easter. I love having a holiday to remind us of the sacrifice our Savior made for us. I loved teaching Weston about the true meaning of the holiday. It made me so happy when I would ask him "why do we celebrate Easter?", that his response was, "because Jesus died for us." I also love all the fun things associated with Easter. On Easter day we found baskets in the morning and had breakfast. Both Casey and I had lessons to teach and they went really well. We went to Jason and Ashley's for dinner, had an egg hunt, the two oldest kids dyed eggs, and we played some games afterward. It was a fun day!


Chick-fil-a had an Easter egg hunt the day before Easter. There were a ton of eggs and it was crazy. I was just letting Benson get the eggs at his own pace, but then noticed some of the parents cramming eggs into their kids baskets, so I made sure he got a few more. He still didn't get that many. They were filled with coupons for Chick-fil-a, so I guess it was understandable.


Weston's turn. The three-year-old crowd was even worse and all I could get a picture of was all the parents behinds while they stuffed eggs in their kids baskets too. I mean, seriously. Three-year-olds can fend for themselves.
Casey and Weston coming back from their hunt. I think Casey was still in shock. The eggs went fast!


Easter morning. Benson discovering his basket.


Weston excited to get his Captain Moroni action figure and picture of Jesus for his room.


Benson still going at his basket.


Weston thought it was funny to throw grass on Benson. I'm not sure Benson felt the same way though.


While we were inside, Benson had found a piece of chocolate and found a comfy spot to eat it.


Benson finding his first egg


Weston and Paisley on the hunt

I made some Easter treats and got a little creative with my pictures :) These were no-bake cookies with Robin's eggs.

Chick cupcakes

3 comments:

Ally said...

LOVE it!!!!

Ben said...

Tanner no-bake cookies... Those take me back.

mom said...

I love the cookies and cupcakes! Jenna, you are so creative! The pictures look like it was a fun time and I wish I was there too.