Friday, April 04, 2008

Casey's First Post

Okay, you'd probably assume this had something to do with Weston, but unfortunately it doesn't. It's about some virus that links to blogs. It has happened to Jenna's blog thrice, and I know of a few friends who have had the same thing happen. What happens is that some random virus, disguised as a fellow blogger posts some random comment that essentially says, "click here" and the "here" is hyperlinked to a virus, and as soon as you click on the link, the virus begins to download. So if you get a comment on your blog from someone that you don't recognize or if you see one on someone elses blog, DON'T click on the link.

Peace out-

Casey

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've had that virus twice - once tonite but after the first time I knew not to click on the "here". The first time I quickly shut down the website and turned on my spybot which found several problems to fix but I didn't have any other issues after spybot cleaned it up. It's good that you are communicating. I didn't realize it was a virus. I thought it was someone sending it to me specifically.

taylor said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sharee said...

Thanks for the info Case - I probably would have fallen for it.

Jocelyn said...

Thanks for the Warning. I just received that comment.