Thursday, April 21, 2011

It's a jungle out there!

On March 5 (Benson's actual birthday) we threw a jungle party for our little one-year-old. The few days before, the weather had been rainy and cold, so I was worried we weren't going to be able to have our traditional party at the park. My prayers were answered though, and we were blessed with a sunny day. It is so much more relaxing for me having it at the park. Everything went off without a hitch and we always enjoy spending time with friends and family. Thanks to everyone that came to help us celebrate out little man's big day!

The cake

Monkey cupcakes. I really enjoyed making these.
The rest of the food

Our handsome little birthday boy. He was happy to be at the park too because he loves to be outside.
Weston playing swords with Jason

"Blowing" out the candles


Going in for the kill

First taste...

...and back for more...

...and a whole lot more. He definately had his cake and ate it too :)

The aftermath


Opening presents with help from Daddy

I think Casey was more into the toys than Benson :)


No comments: