Breakfast. Egg in a hole, strawberries, and a strawberry-banana smoothie.
Dinner. Chicken Piccata, asparagus, and sparkling cider.
Thursday, February 25, 2010
A LOVE-ly Valentine's Day
We had a great Valentine's Day weekend. It started on Friday night when Casey got home. He sent Weston and I to get the mail because he said he had a headache and when we got home there was a trail of petals leading to the bathroom, which was decorated with flowers, candles, and candy. My book was sitting on the side of the tub with some sparkling cider, he had relaxing music playing, and I got to take a nice bubble bath while he made dinner and took care of Weston for a few hours. It was a very appreciated and much needed break for me. I love my husband! On Valentine's Day, I did my yearly tradition of hiding Valentine's Day cards where I knew Casey would find them throughout the day and as usual, I centered most of our celebration around food. Charity got to join us for dinner and dessert and then we watched the Olympics (which have been dominating a good majority of our time lately). We also gave Weston two little books about colors and one about the ABC's which he liked. All-in-all, it was a great weekend and I'm so glad that there is a special holiday set aside where I get to show my family I love them!
Casey thought I should be in a picture with my dessert, so here it is. You can see the beautiful flowers I got and the candles from my relaxing night.
Dessert. These are called Chocolate Clouds and I found the recipe 8 years ago with the intention of making it for Valentine's Day someday. It was actually really simple, so I don't know why it took me so long to make. The hardest part was making the chocolate bowls because the water balloons kept popping, so I think I'll use regular balloons next time.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
I love you baby, and yes, the food was even better than it looks.
Wow! Quite the chef! I wish we could have shared your dessert with you, it looks delicious! We made and decorated sugar cookies instead. Still fun, but not quite as fancy!
wonder how Weston felt about being the third wheel
Post a Comment