Monday, June 22, 2009

Over the river and through the woods to Grandma's house we go...

Casey's mom had surgery on April 20, so Ashley, Charity and I took turns going up to help take care of her. I went up the first week of May with Weston and we had a lot of fun. We watched movies, I got to try out new recipes every day, and took it easy together :) Unfortunately it rained most of the time we were there, but our last day there we were able to enjoy some sunshine. I'm so glad that we were available to go up and help!

Weston eating strawberries

Saying goodnight to Grandma Playing in Grandma's gadget drawer. I just love his scrunched-up, cheesy grin :)
Smelling flowers Photo-op with Grandma at the park
Walking with his sticks. This boy LOVES sticks!

3 comments:

caseytanner said...

and she bought me a ton of food that required zero preparation, knowing that I'm no longer able to take care of myself. I missed you.

mom said...

Jenna - it was fabulous having you and Weston here. I love your pictures. The meals were superb - fine dining at home! It was so fun to watch Weston play and I loved my good night hugs. It was wonderful to have your company and not be alone all week while recovering. It was so hard to see you leave. I can't wait to see you again. Thanks for the wonderful memories and all you did to take care of me. It would have been so hard without you. I love you lots, Mom

Kerstin Miller said...

how cute! i just love great big baby hugs! oh and by the way, i was definitely laughing out loud when i read Casey's comment on our blog!