Friday, December 19, 2008

CPA EXAM IS DONEZO!!! Thank you Jenna

I passed. The CPA exams weren’t nearly as hard as I anticipated, but I am extremely relieved that I am done. Now I’m going to do a little bragging before I distribute my thanks. Supposedly only 10% of applicants pass all four of the exams on the first try, which I did. And not only did I pass these tests, I straight dominated them. All you need is a 75 to pass, and believe me I was shooting for a 75. I took the hardest test first, FARE, and scored a 94. I was shocked, walking out of the test I was telling people that “I thought I scored between a 70 and a 78. I took the easiest test second (BEC) and scored a 90; then REG, where I scored a 95; and last AUD, with an 87. BYU definitely helped prepare me for these tests more than I can imagine. I wish I had the same amount of appreciation for BYU and the excellent accounting program when I was attending school as I do now. I am also very grateful to my Heavenly Father, I prayed fervently before and after every test numerous times and I know he blessed me tremendously. I received help from friends and family, but none more than my amazing wife Jenna. I began studying for the tests in June and finished the last week of November. During those six months Jenna was extremely helpful in building my confidence and with understanding my need to study. She pacified Weston when I came home from work so that I could get in some good studying, and she forgave me for not taking her out much as I dedicated most of my free time to studying. I feel so lucky to have such a supportive and understanding wife. I couldn’t have accomplished what I did without her. A popular quote, “Behind every great man is a great woman” comes to mind as I reflect on my test taking experience. Though I don’t feel like a great man, there was definitely a great woman behind me. Similar to my mom deserving most of the credit for my Eagle Scout award, Jenna deserves a lot of credit for me passing the CPA exam. Thank you and I love you.

Casey

10 comments:

TheIsom8 said...

Very sweet...and Congratulations!! We are so excited for all of you to have them over and done...and "dominated" as well!

Charity said...

Congratulations, Casey!! I knew you would do it!! I'm so proud of you!!
Love ya. Charity

JD said...

I would have preferred that you used terminology like "i rolled up the exam and smoked it," but that's ok. I never doubted you'd do well, and never doubted that jenna would be a huge reason you passed. congrats, brotha.

Anonymous said...

Casey - I am thrilled to read of your victory over that exam! You did great and I'm so very proud of you. I knew you could do it too. Ever since you took bookkeeping in high school and could get 100% on exams without attending class or doing homework, I knew you had a real talent in the area of accounting. I don't know anyone that has passed with high scores like you have. It is extremely impressive. My scores were all barely passing with the highest in the low 80's and I was very pleased just to pass the exam. You are well on your way to success in the world of accounting. I can see you already as a partner at E&Y. Tax professionals are hard to come by and they make significantly more than the audit professionals. You have made some excellent decisions. That nice bonus from E&Y will be great and I'm so happy that you have earned it so quickly! You were very dedicated to your goal of passing and that is impressive also when you could have had numerous excuses why you didn't have time to study. I am just so very happy for you and also extremely grateful to Jenna for her undying support 24/7 to make your study possible. Jenna is a wonderful wife and mother to Weston. Together you two will go far because of your commitment and support of each other. Congrats again and best wishes! You'll be moving up the pay scale now!!! Love, Mom

Anonymous said...

PS Casey, you earned your Eagle scout award. I may have helped with your Eagle project after you broke your arm but that was all. Most of my assistance was to use my project management skills to help you continue to move toward your goal. You wanted that award and did the work - I just encouraged you when a little procrastination became a problem. You finished well before your 18th birthday and deserve to be very proud of being an Eagle scout also! You are giving me credit that I don't deserve on this!!! But thanks anyhow, I would like to think I had a positive impact on your life in many ways and I'm pleased that my support in your scouting may have been beneficial! It is just wonderful to see your scores on the CPA exam and see you performing at your potential. Congratulations again!

Christine said...

Congrats Casey! Feels great to be done, doesn't it? Oh..and enjoy the bonus. :)

Melody said...

Wow, very impressive Casey! I think we need to have a celebration party at our place when you guys get back...what do you think?

Jason Nartker said...

Congrats Casey! Now you can start logging some miles for that Marathon next year with all the free time. :)

caseytanner said...

that works for me Melody, we'll be back on Monday

Sharee said...

I am so proud! Way to go CASE!!! Isn't it wonderful to be done??