Saturday, February 02, 2008

"Big Boy!"

This is my latest pregnancy update. I'm now 32 weeks (only 8 weeks left!) and I had another sonogram yesterday. I don't remember if I mentioned this before, but when we found out it was a boy, the sonogram also showed him a week ahead of schedule, so my doctor said that if I went into labor around the 22nd of March (my due date is the 29th), that I shouldn't be surprised. Yesterday, the sonogram showed him 2 weeks ahead of schedule. One of things he asked me was, "what are you feeding this kid?" What do you say to that? Fruits, vegetables, whatever I'm eating at the time. I don't know. So apparently we have a big boy on our hands or I'm a little off for some reason or another. The good news about all of this is he may come two weeks early all by himself or if I'm ready, the doctor will induce me in my 39th week. I was perfectly okay waiting, but I wouldn't argue if I got to go a week early : ) As Casey and I were talking about our "big boy," I couldn't help but think of one of Casey's favorite commercials. It makes him laugh every time. Enjoy!




During my sonogram, while my doctor was taking some measurements, I started feeling a little lightheaded and was pretty close to passing out, so I told Casey I wasn't feeling so well and Casey was like, "ummm, doctor." The doctor then told me to quickly lay on my left side. Because I was on my back and the pillow underneath me was flat as a pancake, I wasn't getting enough oxygen to my brain (the reason you shouldn't sleep on your back). It took me a few minutes to feel normal again and my doctor kept apologizing for making me sick. After my appointment, we went to Wendy's before I took Casey to school since he hadn't had breakfast yet. As I finished my not so good breakfast sandwich, I still wasn't feeling very good and Casey knew what was coming, so he said I had better get to the bathroom. I didn't quite make it and it ended up all over the Wendy's bathroom floor. Casey wanted to leave it as a "surprise," but I told the lady at the cash register. She didn't speak very good english, but understood enough that she didn't look too happy. I felt so bad, but it was only the second time that I've been pregnant and couldn't make it to the bathroom in time and made a mess. That helped me feel a little less guilty.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tell her to be glad you got the floor. Ashley's latest food poisoning she was doing something over the sink and then vomited all over the sink. So not only did the vomit need to be cleaned, but it clogged the sink. So at 4am and she is puking all over and we can't get the vomit down the sink. I nearly barfed myself.

Jenna said...

Well, most of it ended up on the floor. I also left some in the sink, the toilet, and a little on the wall.

Jelly said...

LOL, sounds like a lot of fun! Can you imagine getting that as a surprise?!? You do realize that you now have a password for the rest of your life too...

Sheree Tanner said...

You guys make me laugh! Just last week I threw up at work outside and inside the department restroom. They had to close it down until it was cleaned up. I was a mess and had to go home for the rest of the day.

Anyhow, on the big boy, Casey's birth weight was 8 lbs. 12 oz. so if that's any indication you'll know what to be prepared for.......... You won't need any 0 to 3 month size clothes!

Tiffany said...

I was hoping to see a belly picture!! Hopefully you won't be as big as they think. They thought Landon was going to be over 9 lb when he was born and a HUGE head. He came out 8 lb and it was his shoulders that screwed me over!!! What can I say, John and I have broad shoulders.

Ashley said...

It will be fun to see just how big he is when he comes! And I also hope to see another belly picture :)
And the throw up story is too funny! I really feel for you...I have been there a million times. But I am not sure I have a story as funny. The closest I have had is throwing up all over myself while driving to work during the first trimester. Oh the joys of pregnancy!!!!

Anonymous said...

Jenna! I'm a novice to the whole blog thing, but I've been bugging Jeff to get the address to your blog so I could check it out! I wanted to tell you congrats!!! I noticed you were pregnant at the Utah game, but I was hesitant to say anything (even though I was pretty sure) cause you had the camera and a sweatshirt on and you always hear those stories about people congratulating women on their pregnancy and getting a blank stare in return. Sorry about your throw-up incident (at least it makes for a good story right?).