Monday, March 28, 2011

Cruisin'

At the end of January, Casey took me on a cruise to the Mexican Riviera. I have always wanted to go on a cruise, so I was super excited. It was a 7 day cruise and we left the boys with my sister and her family. They were in such good hands and had so many people to meet their every need that they had a few withdrawls when we finally got home. We got to see a little of the fun they were about to have before we left:





Our first two days were out at sea. We sailed with Holland America and they had so many onboard activities, it was impossible not have something to do. We took advantage of everything that we could and volunteered for a lot of the activities. We even went on stage during the Welcome performance and participated in a game. Some of the things we did was watch movies, pool games (our team won too), scavenger hunt, trivia challenge, name that tune challenge, wii challenge, culinary classes, swing dance class, etc. Like I said, tons of stuff to do. Did I mention the food? A-MA-ZING. We got to try a lot of new things: mussels, escargot (a little squishy, but not bad), scallops (for Casey), lamb chop (for me), fruit soups. It was so much fun for me ordering whatever I wanted and be able to try some new things. Here are a few pictures from our first few days:


Waiting to leave.


The beautiful San Diego Harbor We tried hitting the a ping pong ball into the lifesavers. I got really close. Casey entered a ping pong tournament. He made it to the semi-finals.


Enjoying one of our many delicious meals.

2 comments:

Kerstin Miller said...

you and the boys both look like you had a lot of fun!

Tamara said...

That sounds so fun!