Tuesday, November 23, 2010

A Pirate Says, "Arrrrgh"

Halloween just flew by in our household. I couldn't believe it was here already and then it passed just as quick, but it was filled with fun times as always. We went to our trunk-or-treat and Charity's, so Weston got plenty of candy, and we had a fun Halloween dinner even though Casey didn't get to share it with us. We only got a few trick-or-treaters, so I gave them some of Weston's candy and I heard one boy commenting about how his mom gave out his candy last year (they could see me getting the candy through the window in the kitchen) as I was coming to the door.It was kind of funny. Here are a few of our Halloween activities:

Opening the Halloween package from my parents. Weston was more excited about the books than the candy and Benson was just glad to have something to chew on. Weston was a pirate this year. He likes Backyardigans and one of the pirate episodes is his favorite. If you ask him what a pirate says, he says, "arrrgh" really well. He looked pretty cute and I only spent $6 putting the whole thing together.
Benson was a lion so I dressed up for the first time in a long time and was Dorothy with him.
Our little drunken pirate with a corn muffin in one hand and a cookie in the other.
Benson receiving his first piece of trick-or-treating candy
Our little lion cub. He looked so cute and didn't mind his costume at all.
Charity making the rounds with Weston at her Trunk-or-Treat
Weston was happy about how much candy he scored. It's too bad he doesn't really like candy. We put it on the counter and he he only asked for it a few times.
After a few pieces he was literally bouncing off the walls that night.
Casey had training in L.A., so we had to take him to the airport that evening. I wasn't going to make a Halloween dinner, but then decided the boys deserved one so I made do with what I had on hand. Our pumpkin pizza.
The spider web and BBQ Finger pizza
Our ghoulishly green punch
My two boys at the end of the night. They were both happy even though only one looks like it :)

4 comments:

caseytanner said...

I'm sorry I wasn't there for Halloween dinner, I wish I was. You did a great job with the dinner and costumes (hottest Dorthy I've ever seen).

Sharee said...

I can't believe you weren't going to make dinner and then you just whipped something like THAT out!! That would take tons of planning for me! I want to know how you made that BBQ chicken finger pizza - it looks absolutely delicious!

Ally said...

LOVE the spider pizza!! you are so creative!

mom said...

Your pizzas are awesome! You are so creative! I love the costumes too. You did terrific with Weston's. I am so impressed!