Saturday, August 18, 2007

Twilight

My sister was in town a few weeks ago and asked me if I had read this book/series. I said I had heard of them, but never read any. If you don't know, they are books written by a BYU graduate about a girl, vampires, love, etc. They are huge in Utah, and when I say huge, I'm not exaggerating. I tried to get a copy from the library, but they only have 20 copies or so and there are 127 people on the waiting list, so luckily my friend Kerstin reads the books as well and I borrowed it from her. I started reading it at the airport on the way to Washington D.C. (yesterday) and I finished it this morning. I have to admit that I'm hooked. The storyline was good and I like fantasy books, so the vampires were a fun element. Plus, there is a good, clean romantic plot that I'm sure is the reason these books are so popular with girls. I'm reading a lot of NY Times bestseller non-fiction books at the moment, so it was good to take a break and read some good fiction. I recommend it if you have some time and are needing a good book to read. I have to give thanks to Joanna for getting me started and Kerstin for loaning me the book. I can't wait to start the second one!

10 comments:

(Nicole) The Very Hungry Caterpillar said...

Jenna I love those books. I just started reading them a few weeks ago and I was so skeptical to begin, but I am hooked. You have to read new moon and eclipse they are so good if not better. I am reading twilight through again and it is so much better the second time around because I know what is going on in the beginning and I can start loving Edward sooner and not think he is weird. Sorry, obviously I am obsessed. I am happy you liked it!

The Pitt's said...

Jenna, I have read both Twilight and New Moon, but still waiting for Eclipse to come, it is on order but delayed. If you want to borrow them? I loved them too and so admire the author for writing in such a believeable way what is so obviously out there. I hear she is coming out with a fourth in the fall. I guess I will preorder that one. Love, Mom

Sheree Tanner said...

Jenna - you are a great blogger! I love to read your posts. I haven't heard of that book but I'll have to put it on my list to read! Thanks for the tip!

TheIsom8 said...

Jenna-I have loved all three books! I was able to get Twilight through our library and then couldn't wait so I ordered New Moon & Eclipse. I am reading Eclipse over again to make sure I didn't miss anything! It has been great to see your new posts! We miss you!!

joanna wilde said...

Yes! So glad you started! Now I can talk to you about them! ;) By the way...you are so good with your blog. I swear I just checked yours! I love you!

Ashley said...

I have been dying to read those books! I tried to check the first one out of my library too and it was already checked out! I am borrowing my Mom's series at the end of the month and I can hardly wait!!!

Erin and Ryan said...

I've heard about those books. I just finished re-reading all the Harry Potter's and am looking for something else fun to read, I'll have to find those!

Jelly said...

Joanna told me about the books! I like your review! Thanks for the second opinion.

Anonymous said...

Where are the posts Jenna?? We miss your blogging...

Anonymous said...

Aug 18th as the last post!!??

How the heck am I supposed to keep up with you guys, especially since Casey never calls me!!!