Last Thursday (August 2nd), I had the opportunity to go to the BYU Women's Football Clinic and I had the greatest time. Casey was super jealous : ) Although, I did wish that he was there with me because I know he would have loved it. There were over 400 girls there (which is 300 more than they had last year). First, we signed in, got our shirts, got to look around the Cougar Club (which is so cool), and eat a little. Then, Max Hall (this year's quarterback) took a few of us on a tour. We saw the locker room and the press box. Along the way I saw different players and took pictures with them. After the tour, we all sat down and Bronco Mendenhall got up and talked, answered questions, and introduced the coaching staff. We then had a players panel where we asked some of the players a few questions. After that, they took us outside where they went into detail about the positions on the field and what they do. When that was over, we got into groups and went around to the different stations and did drills with each coach and the players. It was so much fun. After that was all over, we all sat down and Coach Mendenhall talked to us again and thanked us for coming, then we got to watch a new 12-minute long highlight video. As we were leaving, we got a goodie bag with the new Football poster, the schedule card, schedule magnet, and this fold out that had different stats and information about football. Oh, and I even got interviewed for some Idaho Falls newspaper : ) I had a blast and I would definately go again.
The Cougar Club

Locker room. This is the stuff that each player gets every year.

The Press Box

Bronco Mendenhall

Doing drills

Starting from the top left (then continueing left to right): Me with Fui Vakapuna, In the press box, With Walter Kahaiali'i, With Shawn Doman, Landon Jaussi, and Matt Putnam, With Bryan Kehl, With Coach Mendenhall (I know, not the best picture), With Max Hall, the coaching staff, and again with Fui Vakapuna.

8 comments:
FULLY INVESTED
Jenna-that looks like so much fun! Garin is SO jealous! ;-) We love the pictures!!
what the...i leave BYU for 6 months and they start opening up their camps to everybody. i'm past jealousy...whatever that is
You didn't say if you made the team or not:) Anyone ask anything really stupid? And send me the Bronco picture; I'll fix it. If you sent it before I never received it.
I wanna see the Bronco picture after Jason fixes it! I am so jealous that looks like it was insanely FUN! love you!
Jenna - great pictures! It looks like a fun time - I even wish I was there!
That sounds like an awesome day! I would have loved to do the drills. I probably would have looked stupid doing them though! By the way, I love looking at your blog. I go on it all the time because you're always putting up new pictures! I love it!
Landon Jaussi will go down as one of the best WR ever at BYU. No joke.
Post a Comment