Monday, June 04, 2007

"It's My Birfday"

Casey had his 25th birthday yesterday, but we started celebrating on Saturday by watching baseball at Chris' then playing mini-golf at Boondocks in Draper with Chris, Amanda, Ryan, and Kerstin. It is one of the nicer fun centers. Then we had dinner at Costa Vida (one of Casey's favorite places to go). On Sunday, I woke him up pretty early to give him breakfast in bed and open his presents. You'll notice that they are wrapped in plastic bags because that was Casey's request and "it's his birfday." After church, we had Ryan, Kerstin, Chris, Amanda, and Kevin over for dinner. We had Alice Springs Chicken, salad with homemade honey mustard dressing, and garlic mashed potatoes. Then a chocolate cake with strawberries and vanilla ice cream for dessert. Since it was Sunday, it was a day filled with food and friends. After dinner we played Scene It and then the boys played a little Halo. It was a good day. (The reason I have "It's my birfday" in quotation marks is because that was Casey's response after any request given throughout the day :) )
Opening presents: First Knight
His half-awake surprised face (I actually made him reopen his presents because he kept giving me goofy faces)
The new Killers CD
His Birthday Cake
Blowing out the candles. Whenever Chris isn't in his chair, there is a good chance Casey is, and he also wanted to see how far away he could be and still blow out the candles. He only blew out the "2" from this distance.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks fun. Just fyi, there is a costa vida in Roseville now. It just opened last weekend.

Christine said...

Happy belated Birthday Casey..Looks like Jenna made it a good one!!

TheIsom8 said...

It looks like you guys had a GREAT time-thanks for posting pictures! Casey-what is up with not being able to blow out more? ;-)Happy Birthday Casey!!

Sheree Tanner said...

Jenna - the cake looks delicious and the rest of the food sounds super! A week long celebration sounds fun! I see he forgot to wear the birthday shirt I bought for him in San Diego!!! Glad it was a happy one! You did great Jenna!

(Nicole) The Very Hungry Caterpillar said...

Casey and Jenna,
It was great to run into you guys yesterday! I love blogging and last night while bored I thought I would see if you two had one. I was so glad to find it. You do a great job updating it. Happy belated birthday Casey! Take care and hopefully we will run into you again sometime.
you are welcome to look at our blog, but it is mostly just pictures of Parker, it should be called Parkers blog :)