Monday, May 28, 2007

Yellowstone

For Memorial Weekend, we went with Chris and Amanda to Amanda's cabin in Ashton (an hour from Idaho Falls where she is from). Yellowstone happens to be about 40 minutes away from the cabin, so we went and explored for two days. It was my first time, so it was pretty exciting. There is so much to see and we pretty much saw everything except a moose. We saw 4 black bears, elk, bison, bald eagles, osprey, Mule deer, American white pelicans, and trumpeter swans. Not to mention there is also geyser after geyser too see, a lot of waterfalls, and rivers. It is so beautiful there and the weather couldn't have been better. We also saw "Pirates 3" on opening day in Idaho Falls and the play "Footloose" at the Playmill in West Yellowstone on Saturday thanks to Amanda's mom. I absolutely LOVED Pirates. It was one of the best memorial weekends I've ever had. These are some of my favorite pictures.
A Bison.
Fountain Paint Pots
Old Faithful
There was a breeze that pushed the steam back enough to see the pretty blue water.
Casey standing in the steam. I think he looks like a ghost.
A picture on one of the boards warning you not to stand on the geysers...
...and our representation of the same picture. Directed by Chris and taken by Amanda : )
In '86 there was a fire in Yellowstone, so you would often see patches of these bare trees.
Grand Canyon of Yellowstone
Lower Falls

Rainbow on Upper Falls
Dragon's Mouth Geyser



A slideshow of some more pictures

5 comments:

TheIsom8 said...

Jenna-it looks like so much fun! What an awesome trip! We are so excited that you got to see it and that we get to experience it vicariously through you guys!! :-)

Anonymous said...

Jenna,
I think your Yellowstone pictures are better than mine from two years ago. But that was where Ash and I had our first kiss. I know you really wanted to know:)

Jenna said...

I did want to know that, thanks : ) I'll admit that I really liked how a lot of my pictures turned out, but I like your terrace pictures better than mine. I wish we had had more time there.

Troy said...

Great pics!

Sharee said...

Thanks for the comment Case - I got several ideas and typed them out to bring on the trip - any suggestions for camping with a four week old?? Haha! Yikes! This post was great help!