Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Multnomah Falls

For one of the family activities during the family reunion, we went to the Multnomah Lodge and had breakfast, and then we went on the 6 mile Wahkeenah loop hike. It was raining a bit, but I preferred that to it being hot. These are only half of the pictures, and I know it is a lot, but it was just such a beautiful hike that I wanted to share as much of it as possible : )

The upper half of Multnomah Falls (unfortunately, my camera could not get the whole waterfall in one picture)
The lower half (I like this half better)
Casey and I in a crevice in the wallJust hanging around
The top of Multnomah Falls
Everyone together for a little bit. We ended up finishing in small groups because we all liked to go different speeds.


I thought this plant was cool. It looks like the stem is threaded throught he leaves.
Raindrops are so pretty
Everywhere you looked there were gorgeous trees towering over us
Casey like how the water was running over the mossy log

Wahkeenah Falls
We got done about 30 minutes before everyone else, so this is Casey waiting. Casey held Adalei for the last half of the hike, but she was a little tuckered out and a mile and a half before we finished she fell asleep and was out like a rock for the rest of the hike.
Casey laid her on this huge window ledge while he went to the bathroom (of course I was watching her) and it made for a neat looking picture.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Excuse me some of those pictures are copyrighted and I'm going to have to ask you to remove them:) jk. Great job on the pictures.

Jenna said...

We were ahead of you and I took them first, and I already copyrighted mine, so I'll have to ask you to remove yours : )Too bad so sad : )

(Nicole) The Very Hungry Caterpillar said...

that is so pretty! It looks like all the pictures belong on postcards.

TheIsom8 said...

Jenna-how beautiful! I think that looks like somewhere we will have to put on our list of places we want to take the kids! :-)