Thursday, April 26, 2007

Flower Fields

As one of our last activities in San Diego before we leave, we decided to go with Garth, Janelle, and kids to see the Carlsbad Flower Fields. They are beautiful! The main flower is the Giant Tecolote Ranunculus. They are such a cute flower (the peach flower on the slide show). There are just rows and rows of them and they also do a flag with flowers, but we didn't get to see that. There was also a Sweet Pea Maze that smelled amazing. I love flowers : )

A slideshow of all the different flowers that we saw.

An interesting fact about flowers that I learned a long time ago in biology is that their pollen is transported by small animals, insects, and wind. Flowers like this have a "landing pad" (the dots on the bottom) that attracts insects to them and then inside to get the pollen. I always thought that was cool.


Mining for gems. The kids got to do this for a dollar since they got all the stamps in their flower passports.
The fam

2 comments:

Troy said...

Maybe you can name your first daughter after a flower, Rose, Daisy, or Ranunculus!

Jenna said...

Ranunculus, now that's a name to consider...yeah right. I don't love them that much : )