And....we're back! This is the last Washington D.C. entry. We walked around A LOT again and saw a whole lot of memorials. The first thing we did was tour the White House at 7:30am. It took us a whole 15 minutes. You stand in line forever, have to go through tons of security, then you go through a self guided tour which consists of 2 floors and 6 rooms (that are roped off). There is really nothing that interesting so you find yourself asking the secret service things like, "Are the flowers all real?" and "When was the last time the President ate in this room?" The funniest part was when Casey tried to sit in a chair next to one of the rooms (They were all roped off except for this one), and the secret service guy said, "Don't sit there!" before Casey's butt even touched the cushion. It was kind of funny. Then when we got outside the gate, Josh went up to another secret service guy to ask where the closest place for breakfast was and he looked like he was about to drop kick Josh : ) It was fun, but they next day Casey and I decided to sleep in since we were on vacation and decided that we had seen enough of Washington D.C. The trip was definately worth it and a HUGE thanks to Josh for letting us stay with him, providing some food, and driving us to the metro.




2 comments:
that is really funny about the white house. I would have thought it would be a great tour. maybe because they still use it, it isn't a museum. who knows. I have never been to DC, but looks like you guys had fun!
I don't want to discourage anyone from going because I still think it is a one-time thing, but we just weren't impressed.
Post a Comment