Monday, December 11, 2006

Day 6 - Kayaking up the Kalihiwai River and Triple Falls

We hiked up the Kalihiwai River and boy was it an adventure. The kayaking was nice and relaxing, but hiking to the waterfalls was another story. We had to walk up river against a strong current and on slippery rocks. We were slipping all over the place and I lost my sandal a few times. It was a good thing Garth or Casey were there to get it for me. The mosquitos were the worst. Janelle got bit a lot more than I did, but they seemed to like us more than anyone else. I guess we're just sweet : ) The waterfalls were beautiful though and it was fun.
Kalihiwai River
The first waterfall
All three waterfall (barely)
The second waterfall
Casey in one of the slower parts. It was fun to go under all these branches.

No comments: